BlueMicro_BLE is a keyboard firmware that builds on top the Adafruit nRF52 board support package (BSP) for their line of Adafruit nRF52 Feather Boards.
By starting with the simple hid_keyboard.ino example provided with the library, we expanded it to a full blown Keyboard firmware with the following features:
- Customizable matrix scanning with selectable number of rows/columns and diode direction
- Re-map a rectangular NxM matrix to another shape with the same number of keys (a 60% maped to a 8x8 matrix)
- Tap/Double-tap keys
- Tap/Hold keys
- Battery Level BLE service
- Sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity (when connected - by default)
- PWM LED Backlight. Control the brighness of LEDs. To save power, they automatically dim after each keypress
- Many other features...
- Bluetooth First!
- nRF52 features first! Use peripherals included in the SoC instead of bit-banging and wasting CPU Cycles and burn battery for no reason.
- Must run on batteries
- Low Power Consumption is key to long battery life
- Keep latency in check
- Don't copy/paste features from QMK or other firmware (licenses are different)